Working Together to Keep You Safe
At Parkside Dental Care, we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your health and safety. We have followed the direction from the Centre for Disease Control, Public Health, Ministry of Health, Ontario Dental Association and Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario by implementing the following process to provide a safe dental experience.
What Are We Doing?
- Team members are practicing social distancing (6 feet apart).
- We have created a specific checklist for our team to follow so that they arrive to work healthy and return home healthy.
- Team members are taking their temperature at the beginning of their shift and will be sent home immediately if they have an elevated temperature.
- Team members who are not feeling well will be instructed to stay home for two weeks.
- We are practicing and training our team with proper handwashing, coughing/sneezing etiquette and donning and doffing of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – provides the first layer of protection for dental professionals including gloves, surgical masks, and face shields.
- Patients will perform a preprocedural rinse for 20 seconds, to reduce the risk of airborne pathogens.
How Are We Doing it?
- We have introduced protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- We are disinfecting all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- We are using High-Velocity Air Evacuation to reduces airborne dental aerosol.
- We have added air purifiers with HEPA filters along with Air and Waterline Disinfection.
- We are wiping and disinfecting with COVID 19 Hospital Grade Disinfectant.
- We are spraying down all clinical rooms and office spaces with Hypochlorous Acid.
- We removed all carpets, furniture and wall art in the treatment room to limit aerosol contamination.
- We will be screening patients following the Public Health & Ministry of Health guidelines on the phone prior to scheduling an appointment and again upon arrival of their appointment.
- The office door will be locked and patients will be asked to wait in their vehicle upon arrival and will be escorted to their treatment room.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in and perform hand washing or hand sanitizing.
- Touchless hand sanitizer will be available upon entry.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments to clean and disinfect the rooms.
- All doorknobs, chairs, tables and counter surfaces in the reception area will be wiped down every hour along with a cleaning of the washroom after each use.
- We have a designated maintenance team to clean and disinfect the office from top to bottom in preparation for the following day.
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients.
- We are staggering out our appointments to limit traffic in our office and to practice safe social distancing.
- We have arranged for touchless payment service, online signing and online dental consultations.
What You Can Do?
- If you are feeling not well or showing signs/symptoms of fever, runny nose or shortness of breath please let us know and we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- Avoid bringing your purse, jacket, or personal belonging to the clinical room, and keep your phone/keys in your pocket.
- Please leave family members at home (when possible) to limit the number of people in the office.
- Maintain social distancing within 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team.
- Please wear a mask until escorted to the clinical room.
- Upon arrival, the office door will be locked, call or text us at 226 2411419 from your car.
- A member of our team will contact you and escort you to your sterile clinical room.
- A clinician will ask you to perform hand washing or hand sanitizing and a preprocedural rinse.
- We ask you to avoid any liquid intake 1 hour prior to your visit to avoid any interruption during your dental procedure.
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know or contact your local Public Health for guidance
Parkside Dental Care Team